September 18, 2012

two girl crushes and a pair of shoes...

I don't usually do talk shows but last week I happened to catch the second episode of Katie Couric's new show, "Katie" and found myself with two...yes, TWO....new girl crushes....in less than one hour!!!

My first new girl crush is Brene Brown, a researcher from University of Houston's School of Social Work, who has been studying vulnerability, courage, worthiness, and shame for over a decade. I am truly inspired by her TED Talk on the Power of Vulnerability. I have a lot to learn here. It's the place I struggle with more than anything.




My other new girl crush is Jenny Lawson, The Bloggess herself. Of course everyone  in the world (read: my sister who is a total BOASTER!) knew who she was except me. I totally want to be her when I grow up minus the whole she's white thing and the cussing. She cusses a lot. Check her out at The Bloggess.

Oh, and shoes. I was thinking that this tagline on this blog mentions shoes yet I never post anything about shoes. So here is my newest pair of shoes...I LOVE them and am trying to wear them as much as possible before the weather really changes! Admire at will....




Always remember Jesus loves you...doesn't matter who you are, what you've done, or what your issues are. I'm living proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment