January 2, 2012

I am not a blog virgin.

I used to have a blog a long time ago and I gave it up several years ago at the same time I gave up myspace, or at least stopped using it. But I've realized writing was good for me so I've decided to come back to it. Besides it's on my list of things to do for this year. I'm doing pretty good considering this is the second day of the year and I'm already on my game. My problem has always been consistency so we shall see how long this lasts.

I have no idea what I'm going to write on here. Likely there will be often times when I share too much. I have been told that my boundaries are a little different which is, I think, a polite way of trying to tell me that maybe I need to get some. I partially blame my family...they don't meet strangers and they insist on keeping inappropriate relationships. For instance, my mother's father did indeed toast the bride and groom at my father's wedding to his second wife. And yes, my little brother did spend a lot of time with my mother, sister and I when he was little (no he's not my mother's kid). And yes, my father does still invite my mother's family to events and, yes, they do all show up. See...I didn't make this lack of boundary stuff up on my own! So I'm asking for forgiveness and grace on the front end.

Anyway, I love God and love shoes. Recently, I've been struggling in my relationship with both and everything in between. Through this blog I may just work out some of my issues. 

I promise not to write pretentiously long blogs...okay maybe only sometimes. And I promise not to overuse exclamation points and ellipses. And I promise to only embarrass myself (or at least I'll make every effort). 


And reminiscent of my original blog...don't forget...Jesus loves you. It doesn't matter who you are, what you've done or what your issues are. I'm living proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment